SAN FRANCISCO PORT COMMISSION
Kimberly Brandon, President
Willie Adams, Vice President
Gail Gilman, Commissioner
Victor Makras, Commissioner
Doreen Woo Ho, Commissioner
Elaine Forbes, Executive Director Amy Quesada, Commission Affairs Manager
Office: 415-274-0400 Office: 415-274-0406
PORT COMMISSION MEETING
TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 12, 2019
2:45 P.M. CLOSED SESSION
3:15 P.M. OPEN SESSION
PORT COMMISSION HEARING ROOM, SECOND FLOOR
FERRY BUILDING, SAN FRANCISCO, CA 94111
The Port Commission Agenda as well as Staff Reports/Explanatory Documents available to the public and provided to the Port Commission are posted on the Port’s Website at www.sfport.com. The agenda packet is also available at the Pier 1 Reception Desk. If any materials related to an item on this agenda have been distributed to the Port Commission after distribution of the agenda packet, those materials are available for public inspection at the Port Commission Affairs Manager’s Office located at Pier 1 during normal office hours.
- CALL TO ORDER / ROLL CALL
- APPROVAL OF MINUTES – January 8, 2019
- PUBLIC COMMENT ON EXECUTIVE SESSION
4. EXECUTIVE SESSION
- Vote on whether to hold a closed session and invoke the attorney-client privilege.
(1) PUBLIC EMPLOYEE APPOINTMENT/HIRING:
- Title/Description of position to be filled: Maritime Deputy Director
5. RECONVENE IN OPEN SESSION
A. Possible report on actions taken in closed session pursuant to Government Code Section 54957.1 and San Francisco Administrative Code Section 67.12.
B. Vote in open session on whether to disclose any or all executive session discussions pursuant to Government Code Section 54957.1 and San Francisco Administrative Code Section 67.12.
6. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
- Announcement of Prohibition of Sound Producing Electronic Devices during the Meeting: Please be advised that the ringing of and use of cell phones, pagers and similar sound-producing electronic devices are prohibited at this meeting. Please be advised that the Chair may order the removal from the meeting room of any person(s) responsible for the ringing of or use of a cell phone, pager, or other similar sound-producing electronic device.
- Announcement of Time Allotment for Public Comments: Please be advised that a member of the public has up to three minutes to make pertinent public comments on each agenda item unless the Port Commission adopts a shorter period on any item.
8. PUBLIC COMMENT ON ITEMS NOT LISTED ON THE AGENDA
Public comment is permitted on any matter within Port jurisdiction and is not limited to agenda items. Public comment on non-agenda items may be raised during Public Comment Period. A member of the public has up to three minutes to make pertinent public comments. Please fill out a speaker card and hand it to the Manager of Port Commission Affairs. If you have any question regarding the agenda, please contact the Manager of Port Commission Affairs at 415-274-0406. No Commission action can be taken on any matter raised during the public comment period for items not listed on the agenda other than to schedule the matter for a future agenda, refer the matter to staff for investigation or respond briefly to statements made or questions posed by members of the public. (Government Code Section 54954.2(a))
- Executive Director’s Report
- Commendation for Peter Dailey, Deputy Director of Maritime, on his retirement
- Port Employees and Team of the Year, 2018
- Commissioning of USS Tulsa - February 16, 2019, at Piers 30-32
- In Memoriam – Peter Magowan, Former Owner of San Francisco Giants
- Port Commissioners’ Report: Without discussion, at this time Commissioners may make announcements regarding various matters of interest to the Commissioner(s).
- Request approval of the Port’s Five-Year Financial Plan for Fiscal Year 2019-20 to 2023-24. (Resolution No. 19-04)
- Request approval of the Port’s 10-Year Capital Plan for FY 2019-20 to FY 2028-29. (Resolution No. 19-05)
11. PLANNING & ENVIRONMENT
A. Informational Presentation on the Water Emergency Transportation Agency (WETA) Small Vessel Feasibility Study
B. Informational presentation on the City’s Cannabis Policy and opportunity for cannabis business at the Port.
12. REAL ESTATE & DEVELOPMENT
- Request approval of Memorandum of Understanding with the San Francisco Recreation and Park Department for use of Port property consisting of a portion of the Hyde Street Pier (South End Rowing Club) and a portion of the launching dock at 500 Jefferson Street. (Resolution No. 19-06)
B. Informational presentation regarding the lease extension with Java House LLC, located at Pier 40½.
A. Update on the San Francisco Seawall Earthquake Safety and Disaster Prevention Program (Seawall Program).
14. NEW BUSINESS