Relying on both land and sea and serving as commercial centers, ports have always represented our human instinct to transform the earth to meet our needs. More than ever we are compelled to bring a new consciousness and a deeper wisdom to this instinct. With global forces acting on the ecology and economy of our planet, it seems highly appropriate that the Port of San Francisco should work to mitigate global climate change and strive to be truly sustainable. To meet this commitment, the Port has dedicated a staff of professionals to bring an environmental awareness into all of the Port’s business activities.
- Zero Waste Event Policy
- Environmental Financial Assurance Policy
- Port Strategic Plan 2021-2025
- Green Businesses at the Port
- Bay Area maritime fleets are switching to 100% renewable diesel (Fact Sheet)
- "America’s Sickest Wetlands Are in the West, EPA Finds," Climate Central