Safe Boating Regulations for McCovey Cove
Safety Guidelines for McCovey Cove
For kayaks, canoes and rafts within the “No Motor Zone”:
- Only human propelled vessels are allowed within this zone.
- Vessels less than 16 ft long, and all canoes & kayaks, regardless of length, MUST have at least one life jacket for every person aboard. Vessels over 16 ft (except canoes and kayaks), must also have a Type IV throwable flotation device.
- Navigation lights are required between sunset and sunrise. Vessels under 23 feet MUST have at least a flashlight or lighted lantern with which to signal to avoid collision, and to indicate distress.
For motorized boats outside of this zone, within McCovey Cove:
- No wake
- Minimum way
- No overnight anchoring
- Vessels may arrive and anchor up to 2 hours before the game starts and must depart soon after it ends.
- Vessels must stay clear of the ferry landings and not obstruct their routes.
All vessels must follow guidelines and obey California boating laws.