COVID-19 and Returing to the Office
As you may know, COVID-19 cases are rising and the Bay Area is experiencing increased circulation of the Delta variant. Fully vaccinated employees are encouraged to wear masks indoors.
The City and County of San Francisco Department of Human Resources (DHR) has implemented a policy that requires all employees to:
- report their current vaccination status no later than July 28;
- be fully vaccinated and report vaccination information no later than 10 weeks after the FDA gives final approval of at least one COVID-19 vaccine.
Vaccination best protects employees and the public. Vaccination is the most effective way to prevent transmission and limit COVID-19 hospitalizations and deaths. Follow instructions on how to submit your COVID-19 Vaccine status via the SF Employee Portal.
At this time, City employees are required to wear a mask when indoors and in vehicles. To have the option to unmask:
- An employee must be fully vaccinated;
- Upload their status by July 28;
- DHR verified vaccination status.
This information is evolving. The Port is committed to ensure communication as new information becomes available.
Additionally, the Port will continue to welcome back telecommuting employees in a phased approach, which is aligned with the City and County of San Francisco Department of Human Resources. This policy ensures all telecommuting employees return to their worksite by September 15, 2021.
The City’s DHR Telecommute Agreement allows for employees to telecommute up to three days a week. Telecommuting must be approved by a manager and the Deputy Director of the division and may be granted to employees if:
- it meets the needs of the business,
- the employee has demonstrated productivity while working from home, and
- the employee’s ability to work from home does not disrupt the Port division or team’s business functions and needs.
If an employee would like the option to telecommute after September 15, 2021, the employee must complete the following actions:
- Fill out a Telecommute Agreement Form, which will be emailed via DocuSign
- Submit the form to manager and Deputy Director by July 30
- Employees receive manager, division and HR approval
DHR Interim Telecommute Policy - as of April 23, 2021
New vaccine and face covering policy - as of June 23, 2021