Rising Through Investment Dedication Engagement and Support
The Port of San Francisco prioritizes equity as a core value and is committed to advancing racial equity. It is our goal to ensure Port opportunities reach Black, Brown and Indigenous people, and other people historically left out and left behind. Our vision for this program is to provide mentoring, training and employment opportunities and create a pipeline of trained workers from the community to work on projects in their own backyard.
Rising T.I.D.E.S. partners with the following organizations to recruit and hire high school and transitional aged youth summer interns:
2024 Program Details:
- Program duration: 9 weeks, June 10 - August 2, 2024
- Notifications and Selections: Please see partner program website for details.
- Salary: Up to $20/hour
- Application Submittal Details: please see partner program website for details
- Due to cybersecurity risks, all interns placed with mentors must work in person to avoid the need for interns to download City software, documents or take City equipment home.
Contact email@example.com with questions about the program.
During the summer program, interns will:
- Gain job experience
- Access a variety of tasks and departments
- Receive mentorship
- Refine career goals
- Create a professional network
- Build a strong resume
- Secure good references and recommendations
This is a rewarding and valuable experience for those interested in gaining knowledge and practical skills for business activities supporting Port operations.