End the year in style with a full day and night at the Port!
The San Francisco Public Safety Departments remind all celebrants that the use and sale of fireworks are illegal in San Francisco. Residents and visitors to San Francisco are asked to do their part to prevent fires caused by illegal fireworks.
Enjoy the incredible public fireworks show anywhere along the eastern side of San Francisco by the waterfront. Make sure to arrive early and grab a spot along the Embarcadero. The best places to watch the show are the areas around the Ferry Building and the open area along the Promenade.
Here are some tips for enjoying the New Year's Eve fireworks show:
- Arrive early if you want to grab your preferred space.
- Parking is limited on the waterfront. Take public transit wherever possible. Muni will be free on New Year's Eve.
- Dress warm - the weather on the waterfront can quickly turn windy and cold. Layers are recommended.
- Fireworks will be loud - bring earplugs for anyone with sensitive ears and leave dogs at home.
- Stay safe and leave valuables at home.
The fireworks show begins at midnight and lasts approximately 15 minutes over the Bay. Media is encouraged to view from the Embarcadero as there is no designated media staging area. Port-a-Potties will be posted along the Embarcadero.
To receive an emergency alert in San Francisco during NYE, Text NYESF to 888-777.
Make a day of your waterfront experience and enjoy a meal and family fun along the Port