Pier 70 Area - Building 2
This six-story, board-formed concrete warehouse, constructed in 1941 and 1944, is rectangular in plan with a flat roof. The building measures 256' long, 76'-9 wide and 79'-6 high. It contains a total of 98,804 square feet and is one of the tallest existing buildings at the site. It runs north-south, with one loading door at the north façade and three at the north end of the west façade.
It is located approximately 200 feet East of Irish Hill, and was originally constructed during WWII as a warehouse to support hull construction. Building 2 is now used as a warehouse.
The content contained in the Port Web site has been prepared solely for the purpose of providing information about the Port and the Pier 70 area. The Port makes no warranties or guarantees of any kind, regarding its operation or the completeness of the content on its Web site or any other Web site to which it links. To the extent permitted by law, the Port disclaims all warranties from users of this Web site. The Port, its Directors and its employees, will not be liable for any damages of any kind arising from the use of information from this site or any site to which it links.
BUILDING 2 - BUILDING 6 - BUILDING 12 - BUILDING 14 - BUILDING 21 - BUILDING 50 -BUILDING 101 - BUILDING 102 - BUILDING 104 - BUILDING 109 - BUILDING 110 - BUILDING 111 - BUILDINGS 113/114 - BUILDING 115 - BUILDING 116