Pier 70 Area - Building 109

Pier 70 - Building 109

(Plate shop No. 1)
Building 109 stands near the site's northern edge, beside Slips 1, 2 and, 3. It was constructed of corrugated steel and steel trusses in 1912 with a 1936 eastern addition. Building 109 measures 483'-6 east-west, by 152' north-south, and 37' at the peak of the mold loft. It contains 82,099 square-feet of floor space.

Originally, Building 109 housed a mold loft and plate shop. It is currently used by BAE as a paint shop, and for tool and equipment storage.

The content contained in the Port Web site has been prepared solely for the purpose of providing information about the Port and the Pier 70 area. The Port makes no warranties or guarantees of any kind, regarding its operation or the completeness of the content on its Web site or any other Web site to which it links. To the extent permitted by law, the Port disclaims all warranties from users of this Web site. The Port, its Directors and its employees, will not be liable for any damages of any kind arising from the use of information from this site or any site to which it links.

Building 109 Background Information 

BUILDING 2 - BUILDING 6 - BUILDING 12 - BUILDING 14 - BUILDING 21 - BUILDING 50 -BUILDING 101 - BUILDING 102 - BUILDING 104 -BUILDING 109 - BUILDING 110 - BUILDING 111 - BUILDINGS 113/114- BUILDING 115 - BUILDING 116

BUILDING INDEX / MAP