July 4th Celebration 2006
The City of San Francisco is sponsoring a free celebration on Tuesday, July 4th, on the northeast waterfront, from Pier 39 to Aquatic Park.
Spectacular fireworks will be displayed offshore at about 9:30 p.m. from barges off Pier 39 and the Municipal Pier. Additionally, there will be other entertainment at Pier 39 throughout the day.
Parking control officers from the Department of Parking and Traffic will be monitoring vehicular and pedestrian traffic at select Jefferson Street intersections between the hours of 11 a.m. and 6:30 p.m. on July 4th.
For your information, the following is a list of planned street closures:
- Jefferson Streetbetween Hyde Street and westerly Terminus
Monday, July 3, 2006, 8 a.m. to
Wednesday, July 5, 2006, 5 p.m.
- Van Ness Avenuebetween North Point Street to MUNI Pier Terminus;
Beach Streetbetween Polk Street and Westerly Terminus
Tuesday, July 4, 2006, 8 a.m. to 11:30 p.m.
- The Embarcadero between Powell and Mason Streets
Tuesday, July 4, 2006, 6 a.m. to
Wednesday, July 5, 2006, 4 a.m.
- Jefferson Streetbetween Hyde and Powell Streets
Tuesday, July 4, 2006, 2 p.m. to
Wednesday, July 5, 2006, 4 a.m.6/22/2006
- Northbound Embarcadero between Broadway and Bay Street
Tuesday, July 4, 2006, 9:20 p.m. to 10:15 p.m.
- Various Locations in the Fisherman's Wharf Areain the area bounded by The Embarcadero, Van Ness Avenue and Bay Street
(These closures would begin in the north of this area and move south as the day progresses. The decision to close each area would be made by a representative of the San Francisco Police Department in conjunction with the Department of Parking and Traffic Enforcement Division. Public safety will be the key factor in determining the exact time and location of these various street closures.)
Tuesday, July 4, 2006, 4 p.m. to 11p.m.