Crane Cove Park
2011 Request for Proposals | 2011 Authorization to Award Master Planning and Design
2016 Authorization to Award Site Preparation Contract | 2016 Notice to Proceed | 2017 Site Preparation Complete
Crane Cove Park will be a major new open space along the currently inaccessible former industrial shoreline. The park will be a part of the Blue Greenway, a necklace of waterfront public access connecting the City to the shore via pathways, parks and open spaces. This project supports the goals of the Port’s Strategic Plan as follows:
- Renewal: The Park will be a major new public open space that preserves historic maritime resources, provides public access and recreation opportunities to the Bay, contributes to a vibrant new Pier 70 neighborhood, and expands the Port’s necklace of public open spaces.
- Livability: The Project promotes living wage jobs by providing opportunity for local business enterprises (LBE’s) and by meeting mandates for Local Hire in construction projects.
- Resiliency: The Park is designed for 50 years of predicted Sea Level Rise and safety in major earthquakes.
- Sustainability: Park design and construction include best management practices for storm water management, water efficient landscaping, and energy efficient lighting.
Location East of Illinois Street between 19th and Mariposa Streets along the Bay shoreline
Existing use Vacant
Project type Open space, recreational, cafe
Project area Approx. 7 acres
Project sponsor Port of San Francisco
Project Team Port of San Francisco | AECOM
Port contact David Beaupre, email@example.com
Port Community Advisory Group Central Waterfront Community Advisory Group (CWAG) | Sign up for project updates and check the "Central Waterfront Advisory Group (CWAG) Interested Citizens" option
KEY PROJECT INFORMATION
Port Commission Hearings
- September 13, 2016 - Request to award site preparation contract
- May 10, 2016 - Request authorization to solicit bids for site preparation contract
- October 13, 2015 - Request approval of the park project and issuance of 2008 Clean and Safe Neighborhood Parks General Obligation Bonds
- April 22, 2014 - Request to apply for, accept and spend funding for pedestrian and bicycle improvements and committing necessary matching funds
- May 29, 2012 - Informational presentation on planning and design
- June 14, 2011 - Request to award master planning and preliminary design
- Community Plan Exemption (2015-001314ENV) to the Eastern Neighborhoods Rezoning and Area Plans Final EIR (Planning Department Case No. 2004.0160E) approved by Planning Department on October 5, 2015, adopted by Port Commission on October 13, 2015.
Click for larger image
- October 2015 – Schematic Plan Exhibits and Update
- May 18, 2013 - Community Workshop Presentation
- June 20, 2012 - Community Workshop Presentation
- December 8, 2012 – Community Workshop Presentation
Waterfront Design Advisory Committee (WDAC) & BCDC Design Review Board (DRB)
- July 14, 2014 – Presentation and Staff Report from Joint WDAC and DRB meeting
- May 5, 2014 - Presentation and Staff Report from Joint WDAC and DRB meeting
- December 9, 2013 - Presentation and Staff Report from Joint WDAC and DRB meeting
- September 9, 2013 - Presentation and Staff Report from Joint WDAC and DRB meeting