EcoCenter Request for Proposals
The Port of San Francisco received two proposals to lease The EcoCenter at Heron's Head Park. Please see the proposal summaries below:
- The A. Philip Randolph Institute (PDF, 11.20.13) NEW
- The Bay Institute Aquarium Foundation (PDF, 11.20.13) NEW
The San Francisco Port Commission is issuing a Request for Proposals ("RFP") seeking a qualified tenant to lease the EcoCenter at Heron's Head Park for a term of five years. RFP packages are available for download below, from the Port offices at Pier 1 or by contacting the Port receptionist (415) 274-0400. For more information contact EcoCenter-RFP@sfport.com.
We strongly encourage you to register for the EcoCenter RFP mailing list, so that we can make sure all interested parties receive notices and addenda relating to the RFP.
Submittals must be electronically no later than 2:00 P.M. PST on Friday November 8, 2013. Hard copies of the financial materials (described in the RFP) must be received at the Port offices at Pier 1 by the same date.
- Description of SF Recreation & Parks Department at Heron's Head Park (10.27.13)
- Pre-submittal Conference Attendance List and Contact Info (10.27.13)
- Pre-submittal Conference Q&A (10.10.2013)
- Frequently Asked Questions (10.07.2013)
About Other EcoCenters
The Port commissioned a comparative study of facilities like the EcoCenter to inform its plans for operating the EcoCenter at Heron's Head Park.
Environmental Reports Referenced in RFP
Heron's Head Park has been the subject of previous environmental site investigations that are summarized in the following reports:
- Addendum to HHRA (PDF)